The Langley Woodmen Cemetery is located on the south end of town at 1109 Al Anderson Avenue. It is the oldest cemetery on South Whidbey. It was started by the Woodmen’s Lodge in 1902 and maintained by that group until 1913. In that year the City of Langley was incorporated as a municipality and the Woodmen donated the original three acres to the town. Many of Langley’s pioneer families are buried here. Over the years the cemetery has become a special place to the community.
The city has a very active cemetery board that plans policy, budget, development and landscaping.
In 1995, the Friends of the Langley Woodmen Cemetery (a non-profit organization) was founded to assist the city with the maintenance and care of the cemetery. The Friends have regular work parties, an annual fundraising, and organize All Soul’s Eve every November 1st.
Langley City Hall
112 2nd Street
PO Box 366
Langley, WA 98260
360 -221- 4246
To purchase a plot, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in donating your time, energy or gifts to the cemetery, please contact:
The Langley City Hall, or ask to be put on the mailing list of the Friends of the Langley Woodmen Cemetery.